Thursday, December 1, 2011

Brian Selznick's Wonderstruck

If you don't like this book, then I'm calling the doctor.  Something's wrong with you.

But seriously, Brian Selznick writes for a versatile audience.  Kids from the age of 9 all the way to the oldest of adults can find something to appreciate about this book.  He combines immaculate illustrations with text to complete an entire story.

Ben, an orphaned and deaf boy, goes on a journey to find his father and discovers much, much more about himself.  I don't want to reveal too much more of the plot because I want you to discover Ben's story with him, and have a "wonder struck" feeling of your own.

Usually I don't have a preference for a novel in regards to the physical book or download.  In this case, I would recommend buying the book if you can.  There is just something about turning the pages and seeing the story unfold in your lap.

Even though I'm writing about Wonder Struck, let me just go ahead and put in my endorsement for The Invention of Hugo Cabret.  Brian Selznick, I wish I had half of the talent that you have in your pinky finger.

1 comment:

  1. I'm reading this now with my twins. We LOVED Hugo so we are pretty pumped for this one!!

    ReplyDelete